CORONAVIRUS 5 Steps: Proper Hand Washing
Dr. Jacqueline DuPont, PhD (Gerontologist and Aging Expert) shares what are the 5 Steps to Proper Hand Washing. Your hands can be exposed to lots of dirt, bacteria and even viruses. Learn how you and your loved ones can stay protected from the Coronavirus.
Washing your hands is key in staying healthy. It is the most effective way to prevent the spread of germs. Regular handwashing is very important if you wan to protect yourself and your family from any illness, including the coronavirus.
Handwashing is very simple and easy, but most of us do not know how to wash our hands properly. Here are basic guidelines for handwashing.
5 Steps to Proper Handwashing:
1. Turn on the warm water and wash your hands vigorously.
2. Be sure to dry your hands properly. Please use a paper towel not a towel at this time. Throw the paper towel in the trash can right after use.
3. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds and make sure that you get all the soap off.
4. Hand rubbing is critical. Be sure to rub your hands with the soap, including the back of your hands and in between your fingers.
5. Constant handwashing is essential especially before and after personal care. Be sure to wash your hands regularly as it will help protect you and your loved ones from getting sick. Remember, following basic health tips is key to fighting the coronavirus. For more information about the Coronavirus, including symptoms and ways on how to prevent the spread of Coronavirus, click here.
Here’s What You Can Do
1) Spread Awareness – Text or Email this to other Loved Ones, Family or Friends that may benefit
2) Subscribe and Like – Get updates for new content by following us FREE on any of the social media platforms:
** The information in this video is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images, and information, contained in this video is for general information purposes only and does not replace a consultation with your own doctor/health professional.
Follow this guide to help you and others stay protected. Please share with family, friends and loved ones.
Other Helpful Articles:
How to Assisted Living Facilities Respond to the Coronavirus Pandemic?
5 Steps if You Need Assisted Living During the Coronavirus
What if You are Infected with Coronavirus?
7 Tips on How Seniors Care Protect Themselves
5 Tips on How to Stay Connected to Seniors in Senior Facilities
10 Ways to Help Seniors Cope with Isolation During the Coronavirus
Copyright © 2020 SeniorCareHomes.com. All Rights Reserved.
Featured & Seen In: