In-home care provides an excellent option for individuals that wish to remain in the comfort of their own homes. Selecting the right resource for care and companionship at home for you or your aging loved ones can be a difficult decision. When hiring a home care agency or in-home care provider, it is important to carefully consider the experience and qualifications of potential caregivers.
This checklist contains important questions you should ask when interviewing potential in-home care providers.
Questions To Ask Potential In-Home Care Providers
1. How many years has your In-Home Care agency been in the business?
2. Does your In-Home Care agency have liability coverage?
3. Do you conduct national and local criminal background checks as well as driving records for all your caregivers? Do you require your caregivers to provide personal and professional references?
4. Are your caregivers considered employees in your company or independent contractors? Do you provide Worker’s Compensation for all of the caregivers?
5. Are your caregivers bonded and insured for theft?
6. Does your In-Home Care agency have a systematic method for tracking caregiver’s arrival and departure times at a client’s home?
7. Does your In-Home Care agency provide telephone service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?
8. Do you provide back-up coverage in the event that the caregiver won’t be able to provide in-home care services as scheduled?
9. Does your In-Home Care agency require a minimum number of hours per shift?
10. Do you provide Personal Care services such as bathing, incontinence care and mobility assistance to seniors?
11. Are transportation services available for clients?
12. Does your In-Home Care agency maintain a business office where clients can meet the office staff and in-home care providers?
13. Is there an administrative staff or nurse who can be contacted by seniors and their families who are interested to learn more about in-home care services?
14. Does the In-Home Care agency provide a list of care services that includes all the rates and fees for in-home care services?
15. Does your In-Home Care agency make periodic visits to a client’s home to ensure quality of service and client satisfaction?
16. Do you inform and provide documentation about clients’ rights, your In-Home Care agency’s code of ethics, worker’s compensation and HIPAA compliance?
17. Can your In-Home Care agency provide emergency monitoring systems, medication solutions and other products that ensure clients’ safety?
18. Will your In-Home Care agency provide a free in-home care assessment prior to starting service?
19. How soon can you provide in-home care services?
20. Does your In-Home Care agency provide extensive training, orientation and ongoing education to all your caregivers?
This In Home Care Agency checklist is provided by Comfort Keepers, an In Home Care agency that provides companionship services and personal care services that enable seniors and older adults to live happily, safely, and independently in their own homes.
Copyright 2018 SeniorCareHomes.Com. All Rights Reserved.
- Home Care For Seniors
- Tips When Hiring In-Home Care Providers
- Prevent Elder Abuse
- Home Care Safety Tips
- Home Care For People with Alzheimer’s
- Is it Safe to Move to An Assisted Living During the Covid-19 Pandemic? - July 22, 2020
- Senior Living Virtual Tours: Is this the New Norm? - June 28, 2020
- How The Coronavirus is Changing Senior Care - June 1, 2020