Planning ahead is key in avoiding stress during the Holidays.Christmas season is the busiest and most stressful time of the year for traveling. Despite the current economic condition, most people will still travel to be with their family and friends this holiday season.
Here are important things to remember to avoid the holiday stress?
1. Book as early as possible. If you are planning to fly, keep in mind that it will be cheaper if you book early. Some airlines might give you early booking discounts. Also, be sure to make arrangements for hotel, airport parking, transportation, etc., if necessary
2. Pack Early. It is advisable to make a list of things you will need for your entire trip. Try to avoid last-minute packing as you might forget something.
3. Be sure to check the weather forecast for your destination to help you prepare for any delays. Click here to check the weather.
4. Avoid over-packing to avoid being charged for overweight luggage. This can be very expensive. Be sure to contact your airline to know more about the baggage allowance and new travel surcharge.
5. Read TSA’s Holiday 3-1-1 Tips. It is important to familiarize yourself with the Transportation Security Administration rules to help you get through the security checkpoints smoothly and quickly.
6. Check-in 24 hours prior to departure and print your boarding pass at home, if possible to avoid the long lines. Most airlines will allow you to do this online so be sure to check their website for more information.
7. Bring reading materials. Connecting times may be longer than usual during the holidays so remember to bring books or magazines to keep you busy.
8. Check flight schedule before leaving for the airport. Keep in mind that your departure or arrival time may change. Travel delays are pretty common during the holiday season. If someone is picking you up at the airport, be sure to tell him or her to confirm your arrival time to avoid waiting.
9. Go to the airport early. It is advisable to be there two hours before your flight for domestic and three hours for international flights to ensure that you do not miss your flight.
10. Be sure to carry a photo Identification with you to avoid any unnecessary delays. Click here to check ID requirements for airport checkpoints.
Other SeniorCareHomes.com Helpful Links:
- Seniors Online Community & Discussion Forum
- Senior Care Facility Search
- Senior Facility Registration
Copyright © 2008 SeniorCareHomes.com. All Rights Reserved.
- Is it Safe to Move to An Assisted Living During the Covid-19 Pandemic? - July 22, 2020
- Senior Living Virtual Tours: Is this the New Norm? - June 28, 2020
- How The Coronavirus is Changing Senior Care - June 1, 2020