Before you leave your doctor’s office with a new prescription, make sure you fully understand how to take the drug correctly. Your pharmacist can also provide valuable information about how to take your medicines and how to cope with side effects.
Ask the following questions:
- What is the name of this drug, and what is it designed to do? Is this a generic or a name-brand product?
What is the dosing schedule and how do I take it?
What should I do if I forget a dose?
What side effects should I expect? What should I do if I experience these side effects?
How long will I be on this drug?
How should I store this drug?
Should I take this on an empty stomach or with food? Is it safe to drink alcohol with this drug?
Other SeniorCareHomes.com Helpful Links:
- Seniors Online Community & Discussion Forum
- Senior Care Facility Search
- Senior Facility Registration
- Is it Safe to Move to An Assisted Living During the Covid-19 Pandemic? - July 22, 2020
- Senior Living Virtual Tours: Is this the New Norm? - June 28, 2020
- How The Coronavirus is Changing Senior Care - June 1, 2020