Are you guilty of overeating during the holiday season?
According to research, Americans gain an average of ten pounds during the holidays. This is because of all the yummy sweet treats, fatty food and lack of exercise.
Here are simple tips to help you lose holiday weight gain:
1. Set your goal. In order to lose weight successfully, you have to set a goal and be committed. Decide on your target weight and plan how to effectively achieve it. It will help if you weigh yourself each morning to keep track of your weight.
2. Drink lots and lots of water. During the holiday, people usually eat a lot of sweets and increase alcohol intake, resulting to holiday weight gain. Water will help you cleanse your body from all the toxins. In addition, it is advisable to drink water before you eat to avoid overeating.
3. Limit your alcohol intake. If you really want to lose weight, drink water instead of alcohol. Keep in mind that alcoholic beverages contain a lot of calories.
4. Avoid sodas. According to research and studies, sodas are a major source of empty calories. Reach for the glass of water instead of soft drinks to avoid weight gain.
5. Watch what you eat. Eating healthy will definitely make a big difference. You have to make smart food choices and be disciplined. Instead of eating sweets and junk food, nurture your body with fruits and vegetables.
6. Be cautious about your portions. Instead of eating 3 big meals a day, eat 5-6 small meals, as it will help you feel full. Therefore, avoiding the urge of eating unhealthy foods.
7. Give yourself a break. No one says that you have to deprive yourself with the foods that you love in order to lose weight. You can have a “cheat day” when you can eat your favorite food like pizza, chocolate, pasta, etc. However, be sure not to overindulge, otherwise, all your hard work and effort for losing weight will be put to waste.
8. Go back to your exercise routine. This is important in staying healthy and in losing weight. It will help boost your metabolism. If you dread going to the gym, why not try something you really enjoy? If you love nature, you can walk or jog. If you love to dance, you can enroll in ballroom dancing, hip-hop class, etc. Check the Internet or yellow pages for local listings.
- 5 Ways To Avoid Holiday Weight Gain
- How To Manage Holiday Stress
- Frugal Shopping Tips For The Holidays
- Creative Homemade Ideas For The Holidays
- 5 Last Minute Christmas Gift Ideas
- How To Improve Your Eating Habits
Other SeniorCareHomes.com Helpful Links:
- Seniors Online Community & Discussion Forum
- Senior Care Facility Search
- Senior Facility Registration
Copyright © 2008-2011 SeniorCareHomes.com. All Rights Reserved.
About the Author: Catharine D. Allado is a Senior Care Expert and the COO of SeniorCareHomes.com – A trusted and comprehensive online directory of Senior Care Homes such as Assisted Living, Nursing Homes and other types of Senior Housing in California, Florida, New York, Arizona and the rest of the United States. SeniorCareHomes.com also provides FREE Assisted Living options to help seniors and families find the best Senior Housing on the planet!
- Is it Safe to Move to An Assisted Living During the Covid-19 Pandemic? - July 22, 2020
- Senior Living Virtual Tours: Is this the New Norm? - June 28, 2020
- How The Coronavirus is Changing Senior Care - June 1, 2020