Traveling for the holidays is a big challenge, especially when it comes to bringing items through checkpoints.
Everyone has favorite foods from home that they want to bring to family gatherings or items from their destination that they want to bring back home. Not sure about what you can and can’t bring through the checkpoint?
Here is a list of liquid, aerosol and gel items that you should put in your checked bag, ship ahead, or leave at home:
- Salad dressing
- Oils and vinegars
- Cranberry sauce
- Maple syrup
- Creamy dips
- Wine, liquor and beer
- Other beverages
Here are more important things to remember:
1. You can bring pies and cakes through the security checkpoint, but be advised that they might be subject to additional screening.
2. Picking up a last-minute gift at the airport or taking holiday gifts from home on your flight? 3-1-1 applies to gifts purchased before the checkpoint too:
- After shave
- Wine, beer and liquor
- Gift baskets with food items like salsa, jams and salad dressings
3. Remember, do not wrap gifts you’re taking on the plane. Security officers may have to unwrap gifts if they need to take a closer look. Either ship wrapped gifts ahead of time or wait until your destination to wrap them.
4. Items purchased after the checkpoint have been pre-screened and can be taken on the plane.
Other SeniorCareHomes.com Helpful Links:
- Seniors Online Community & Discussion Forum
- Senior Care Facility Search
- Senior Facility Registration
Copyright © 2008 SeniorCareHomes.com. All Rights Reserved.