Assisted Living Transition
Are you looking into moving your senior loved one to an Assisted Living Facility? If so, it will be helpful for you to understand the Reservation and Admission process in an Assisted Living Facility or Assisted Living Community to make the move easier.
Assisted Living Admission Criteria
The following is an overview of what takes place during the Reservation and Admission process in an Assisted Living Facility:
- Senior and/or senior’s family calls the Assisted Living Facility to schedule a tour.
- The senior or the family member of the potential resident meets the Assisted Living staff and tours the senior care facility. During the Assisted Living tour, seniors and families are welcome to ask any questions regarding senior programs, activities and other Assisted Living services.
- The senior and/or family member will select a private or semi-private room depending on the room availability in the Assisted Living Facility. Usually, the Assisted Living facility will require a deposit to reserve the room for the senior.
- The Assisted Living staff or nurse will assess the condition of the potential resident to determine the level of care needed. If necessary, the Assisted Living facility’s on-staff nurse can go to the senior in need of care for an assessment. If for some reasons, the potential senior resident does not meet the criteria of the Assisted Living Facility, the deposit will be refunded.
- If the Assisted Living Facility determines that the potential resident is a good fit after the assessment, the senior and/or family member will need to complete and submit the admission paper and other necessary documents required by the Assisted Living Facility.
- Shortly after submitting the admission paper, the Assisted Living administrator or staff will contact the potential resident to schedule the move in date and time.
- Rent payment for the Assisted Living Facility will be arranged.
To make the Assisted Living Transition easier and less stressful for seniors and families, it is always best to involve seniors in the decision making process, if possible.
- Preparing Aging Parents For Assisted Living
- 7 Tips When Selecting An Assisted Living Facility
- Major Factors That Influence Assisted Living Fees
- Assisted Living Facility Checklist
- Downsizing Tips When Moving To An Assisted Living Facility
Copyright © 2015 SeniorCareHomes.com. All Rights Reserved.