Here are simple last-minute voting tips for senior citizens. Helpful tips and reminders for senior voters before heading to the polls today:
1. Be sure you are registered to vote. Click here to contact your local election official to double check if you are registered to vote.
2. Know where to vote. To check your voting location and poll hours, click here. Most polls close between 6pm to 9pm so be sure to check the poll hours. Note, that the voting location might have changed from the last time you voted so it will be wise to check the location and poll hours before you vote.
3. Find out the ID requirements. Please note that it might vary per state. Click here to check the ID needed in your state to cast your ballot. Bringing your passport or your driver’s license should be okay, but checking ID requirements is recommended.
4. Allocate Time. Allocate plenty of time. You’ll never know if you’ll hit be bad traffic and if there will be long lines. Usually, mid-morning or early afternoon won’t be as crowded.
5. Bring your sample ballot. This will definitely help you complete the official ballot faster.
6. Vote wisely. Vote for the candidates who can help our nation. Be wise. Remember, every vote counts.
These tips will not only save seniors time, but it will also help seniors avoid any hassle on election day.
Copyright © 2010 SeniorCareHomes.com. All Rights Reserved.
NOTE: If you would like to use this article on your website or your blog, you MUST include the following immediately below the article.
About the Author: Catharine D. Allado is a Senior Care Expert and the COO of SeniorCareHomes.com – A trusted and comprehensive online directory of Senior Care Homes such as Assisted Living, Nursing Homes and other types of Senior Housing in California, Florida, New York, Arizona and the rest of the United States. SeniorCareHomes.com also provides FREE Assisted Living options to help seniors and families find the best Senior Housing on the planet!
Other SeniorCareHomes.com Helpful Links:
- Seniors Online Community & Discussion Forum
- Senior Care Facility Search
- Senior Facility Registration